Friday, June 11, 2010

Looking Back in a Stream of Consciousness

So I was looking at some old photos for a purpose completely unrelated to this blog and I came across this one:


The minute I saw it my brain started to go a mile a minute.  It's odd how some photos evoke thoughts more than others.  So, I thought, what the heck, I'm going to share these thoughts with you as they come - enjoy!

I can't believe this photo was just taken in February.  My baby doesn't even look like that anymore.  In this photo he looks like a baby... now he looks like a little man.  This was when he just started eating solid food and now he gobbles it down and eats some finger foods.  God I hope he's a good eater as he gets older because I won't be able to handle a picky eater.  Of course, now that I said that out loud, you know he is going to be the pickiest eater of all.  Oh well, whatever he is I'll deal with it.  I wonder what he was thinking in this photo.  The world was still so new to him and we had only been in the loft for a month.  And we still have 6 more months to go.  Seriously, how am I going to make it through?  Once he starts walking all bets are off.  Maybe he won't start walking until he is 15 months?  I have to somehow figure out how to baby proof this place.  My God, I'm being such a whiner, people raise babies in apartments all the time.  Think of the thousands of people in New York - they all live in apartments.  Yes, the city is a hell hole and I can't stand most people from New York... wow, I'm doing a great job on the trying not o be judgmental thing.  I just lumped everyone from New York into one category.  Anyway... you know, looking at this picture makes me think hat Evan might actually have hair now... still only in the front, not in the back.  He has like a reverse mullet, party in the front and business in the back.  Yeah, I'm the only one who will find that funny.

And, that's all the glimpse you are going to get.  The Atlanta Zoo has a new exhibit opening today and Brian is furloughed (but working from home) so we are going to take an hour and head on over there once Monkey wakes up from his nap.  And then possibly another play date tomorrow because, you know, Monday's was such a success.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment