Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hodge Podge of Things

So I wanted to share some random thoughts with you today (because you are a reader and therefore can't tell me you don't want to hear my random thoughts... nice).

Ferber
I'm not sure if you are all aware of this or not, but I get pretty passionate about things... and then 5 minutes later I can change my mind and be just as passionate about the opposite.  You see, I was convinced that Monkey knew what he needed and when he needed it.  Now I'm convinced that Mr. Ferber is a genius.  I know that if I had only listened to my sister then the last few months of difficult sleeping wouldn't have happened.  But you see, I'm an experiential learning... as in I'm too stubborn to listen to something until I've experienced it myself.  Yes, Monkey woke up at 3:30 last night but I was able to get him back to sleep with only a combined total of 20 minutes of crying.  Then, he woke up at 5:50 this morning and I decided to just wait it out... I finally woke him up at 7:30 AM.  AND he is currently taking a nap and he only cried for  minutes... and the angels sing. 

Standing
I get it... this is some new and exciting thing for him... but he does it ALL the time.  He stands when he plays at his toy box.

He stands when he plays with his activity walker.

He stands on me.  He stands next to the bath tub.  He stands on the cats... anything that will give him leverage.  And it isn't that I really mind... it's that standing is only fun for so long and then he gets bored. 

And, this morning, he tried to stand holding nothing.  He got his legs straight up, he as bent at the waist and he was trying to pull his upper body over his legs.  Thankfully he didn't do it (yes, I said "thankfully"... listen, I need some time in between milestones and some time before he is running around this shoebox).

Houses
This loft has really tested my limits of my theory that you can deal with anything as long as it has an end date.  Hopefully we only have 6 more months in here because we bought our lot and should settle sometime in July for the construction loan and then get going.  We hope to be in a house by December.  Oh, and we have a contract on our house in Texas - YIPPEE!!!!

Babies
Monkey has been such a good ambassador that Brian and I definitely want more.  So, I've begun the long trek to wake up my ovaries.  I'm back on Metformin so I can hopefully ovulate.  I'll keep you in the loop as to the steps... but nothing will happen before Monkey is one since I don't want it to and that is the recommended wait after a c-section.

Cats
I'm not really sure why, but the neighborhood cats like our stoop.  There are 2 that are regulars and my cats aren't happy.

I can't decide if my cats are jealous or just annoyed.  And I often wonder if the visitor cats want to come in because they think this is some kind of cat haven or what?

Crazy
Like most people, I have a little crazy in me and it usually manifests itself in my "observations."  Like how I'm always claiming that people look like someone and Brian always thinks I'm wrong... or when I see something now and start to interpret its impact 5 years from now... in a very odd manner.  Anyway, recently my crazy has been focused on Evan because, umm, why not? 

And here is my new crazy... is it just me or does my son have a super long torso (oh yeah, and a cute little butt)?  This might explain why he outgrows his onesies before his pants. I have no idea where he gets this from.  The only person Brian and I could think of is our brother-in-law Ian and umm, that just isn't possible.

That's all I have for today... think of it like sitting with me and having a long conversation where we cover a lot of different topics.  Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment