Thursday, January 14, 2010

Something to Think About

So, for the last few days I've been spending time in the loft while Brian has gone out and done things that Brian needs to do (you know, things that are work-related, things that are electronic-related, things that are car registration related since he is the only one registered for one of our cars... I did my time in TX since both were in my name).  This means that I've finally had some normal one-on-one time with Mr. Monkey Pants.  And God that feels good - I love that boy more every day.

He is one of the happiest babies I've ever known (and if you think you're baby is happier, I'm willing to a match - you name the time and place).  He has recently started to full-on laugh and it is one of my favorite sounds.  And he just laughs and laughs and laughs.  He has also realized he can scream.  And that he can scream in a loft with concrete floors - just imagine the echo.  We are still working on the inside voice and failing miserably.  Sorry nieighbors - but the boy has to express himself.  I don't want to give him some sort of complex that using his voice is " bad."

I've also had time to catch up on my blogs and Facebook.  Some of the people I follow on blogs have recently had babies (yay - congratulations) and some people on Facebook had babies around the same time Evan was born.  And here is what I've realized... my baby is bald:




















As you can see in this picture (which I purposely chose so you wouldn't be distracted by his adorably cute face) he has some hair - he isn't completely bald.  This is him at 4 months - looks almost the same as when he was born. 

Some of the babies I've seen that are younger than him are already using styling products - true story (ha - that line is my sarcastic homage to the insanity of Pat Roberts... man oh man he is crazy and I crack myself up).  But seriously, I've seen 2 month old babies with as much hair as I have (and you can look at earlier posts to see how much that actually is).  And Brian is no schlub in the hair department either.  We both have bushes on our heads.

Now, I'm not saying it bothers the boy at all... as you can see:





But I have to admit... his momma is wondering when it's going to happen.  And when it does - what color will it be?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, at least you realized your child is bald. Adalae had the old man-tufty comb over going on until she was nearly 1 year old and no one told us. She's had her hair cut maybe 5 times in her life (and it didn't even start until 2 years old)...and yes, mathletes that's less than once a year for a while.

    he's adorable!

    Kayan

    ReplyDelete