Monday, January 11, 2010

Not for the Weak of Stomach (AKA - if bodily fluids gross you out then don't read this post)

I will catch you up on the loft, Evan, and Atlanta soon but an event happened that I wanted to share with you all (maybe just my mom... she is my most loyal reader). This event, to me, is monumental and directly relates to the original point of this blog.

On Friday, January 8, 2010, for the first time in over 2 years, I got my period (menstrual cycle for those who need the proper name) all by myself with absolutely no medical intervention. For those of you who have never needed medical intervention I can only compare this to being taken off a respirator... as in for a while your body needed help doing something so natural that most people take it for granted.

Now, let's not get overly excited... I don't know if this means I will actually ovulate on my own (I mean, I know this means I have once but I'm not optimistic about a repeat) and I don't know if this means that February 2010 will bring the same surpise, but let's celebrate while we can - shall we?

So, all my readers - whoever you are... raise a glass of red wine in toast to me (or any red beverage you have - get the symbolism?) and raise it high. Because, at this moment, with my husband, my sleeping baby, and my tampons... this is as good as it gets!

No comments:

Post a Comment