Another thing he started to do was talking to objects. In this photo he is having a long conversation with the stuffed baby monkey (which incidentally he recently pulled in to his crib to use the pacifier).
What I remember about 4 months:
- Packing (we were on our way to the ATL)
- Interaction - Monkey had fully become a monkey at this point
- Life was almost back to normal - he was sleeping in his own room, through the night, and we were leaving the house together a lot
At 5 months Evan was learning something new every day. But we were in the middle of moving, living in a hotel, and unpacking so I honestly don't remember much from this time. Thankfully I can go back and read this blog to jog my memory.
At 6 months Monkey's laugh was settled, he was taking baths in the big bath tub, and I thought he was growing up way too fast.
What I remember about 6 months:
- Moving to a new apartment and giving Monkey a night bottle again (I know... not so smart)
- Getting ready to start baby / solid food
- Enjoying Evan as an independent person from me who had definite likes and dislikes
As each month passes I think to myself "This month is my favorite month." And then the next month comes and I say it again. Seriously, the journey of this first year has been awesome. I can only hope it continues (but with how headstrong Monkey already is I'm sure there will be some moments of frustration!).
What was I doing a year ago today? I had just found out about my c-section and telling you about Evan's conception.