Monday, August 23, 2010

Poor Evan

There is a scene in the movie "French Kiss" that I thought of today while I was taking care of my baby (and if you haven't seen this move... rent it... now... if you like fluffy romantic comedies and you like Europe):



Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I believe my baby may just be lactose intolerant or some derivative thereof. He is fine with milk in all its cooked forms (cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc) but it just so happens that when I started him on an itty bitty bit of whole milk the child's bum decided against it. And now he has a diaper rash that covers his entire lower regions.

So sad. But per my mom's advice, good old vaseline to the rescue and I think we will be on the mend in no time.

Thankfully I'm seeing the pediatrician on Monday so she can tell me the best alternative liquid.
And, even more thankfully, this rash hurts me WAY more than it hurts Evan. I almost cried while changing him. Evan decided to play with his father's cuff links.

No comments:

Post a Comment