Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Florida Vacation

Instead of me telling you about Evan's vacation I've decided to let Evan tell you about his vacation in his own words.

Last week Mommy and Daddy took me on an airplane.  It was really no big deal since I've already been on seven different planes and even went on an international plane (that means I flew from one country to another).  When I was a baby I would sleep on the planes.  But, not anymore... there is way too much for me to do and see.  I like to crawl all over Mommy and Daddy, smile at the people sitting behind me, and make lots of plane friends.  But all of this takes a lot of energy.  It turns out that I did need a nap on the way to Florida. 


I just waited until we were about to land to pass out.  Daddy sure is warm and comfy.

When we got to Florida I got to see my Papa and Grandma.  We went out to eat and I had some yummy yummy fish.  My belly really likes fish.  The only problem is that the smell continues on out the other end.

While we were in Florida I got to go to the ocean.  I went to the ocean back when I was a little baby in Cancun but I wasn't sure if I liked it back then.  This time I know I liked it.

Papa held my hands while the water came in around my ankles.  I probably could have walked on my own but someone always wants to hold my hands.

You'll notice I'm not wearing my hat anymore.  It's because I don't want to.  You see, Mommy and Daddy thought they were smart by getting me a hat that velcroed under my chin.  And it worked until I figured out I could pull off the hat from the back of my head to the front.  So, if you put it on, I take it off.  And now... no more hat.

We also went to the Mote aquarium in Florida.  Mommy kept saying she was getting hungry but I couldn't stop looking at the fish.  Oh my goodness, there are so many fish and they just swim and swim and swim.  And then Daddy took me to see the dolphins.  Those are his favorite fish and they were neat. 

While we were walking around Mommy saw this silly place to take pictures.  It was a wooden frame with cutouts for a head.  Mommy wondered what I would do so she took me behind the frame. Of course I knew exactly what to do so I immediately put my head through the frame.

Look at me, I'm a turtle!  It was funny.

I had a lot of fun on my vacation but it all ended too soon.  Then Mommy and Daddy took me on another plane (my 9th before I'm one year old) and we came back home.  I fell asleep in the car on the way home and was so tired that I didn't even stir until 7:00 in the morning.

I can't wait to see Grandma and Papa at the end of August.  Mommy told me they are coming up to celebrate my birthday... whatever that is.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Evan is already going to be one year old. Where does time go? It seems like just yesterday you were pregnant!!!!

    ReplyDelete