Friday, May 7, 2010

Toys

Someone please tell me why we buy toys for our children?  Why do we think that manufactured pieces of plastic will be more interesting than a wooden spoon?  Or am electrical cord?  Or better yet, how about a sleeper?

Yup, that's my baby playing peek-a-boo with his sleeper.  I actually took this off of him on his changing table; Evan grabbed it and brought it out with him to his play area.  Then he started to play peek-a-boo and I sat back and watched (or more accurately, sat back and took pictures).

If the first picture was the "peek-a..." then this picture is the "...-boo." 

Look at all of those toys around him and it's his sleeper that he finds most interesting. 

On a completely unrelated note, see that cute one-piece outfit he is wearing?  Before we left Austin, someone gave us a gigantic bag of boys clothing.  This is one of the pieces from that bag.  And yes, it has a monkey on it.  It's like kismet.

Now, back to the sleeper.  I don't think he has any issues that one of his favorite toys is an article of clothing.  What do you think?

Happy Mother's Day (but I still think I'm the luckiest mother... well maybe I'm tied with my mom, because you know, she has me and all)!

No comments:

Post a Comment