Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Putting It In Action




So, it's turning into one of those days... where I have no motivation and a lot to do.  My house is a mess and I have a new babysitter coming tomorrow morning (so I can go to my GP and she can tell me how unhealthy I am... I can't believe I have to pay for that) and I would like her to believe that Evan doesn't live in squalor.  I need to get to Target because the piles of clothes Evan can't wear anymore are starting to merge with the pile he can wear... it's all very confusing.  And my list just keeps getting longer and longer (I know... waa waa waa, I'm just saying).

But I wanted to share with you some news about how Evan is implementing what he learned.  So Sunday night he learned all about kneeling and standing.  Yesterday he seemed to be thinking about trying kneeling or standing in his play area but nothing ever came of it.  This morning, I put him down to play, went to get myself yogurt, turned around and this is what I saw:


His Monkey-ness kneeling by his toy box taking out each thing one at a time.  Of course once he saw the camera he was all smiles.

Let's look a little closer.


Yup, he is kneeling all right.  Once or twice he tried to stand up but the box isn't tall enough.

Occasionally he would also try and grab at the books sitting in my TV stand.  I'm going to have to re-think this entire house.

And then...


...he got distracted, by something.  I have no idea what but the boy has really good eyesight.  He can pick a granule of litter off of those alphabet tiles. Most of the time I catch it before he eats it.

Next we went to take a bath.  As usual, I placed him on the bathroom floor while I get his tub ready.  He always explores the immediate area, but today he was wired.  He went crawling out of the bathroom, around the room, and then back into the bathroom.  Then he used the drawer pulls to get to a kneeling position, got all excited, and then fell and smashed his cheek into the edge of the door (and all I could think about was the time I ran into the side of the bathroom door as a child, all the blood and all the stitches that ensued).  Thankfully, he only had a red cheek and cried for a few seconds.  Not so thankfully since he is so fair, I'm pretty sure he is going to have a doozy of a bruise and someone will probably call child protective services on me.  But you got my back... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment