Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Because I'm a Helper: How to Post a Comment

Recently I've had a lot of people tell me they wanted to leave comments on a post but didn't know how.  As a former trainer, I can't let that slide.  And of course there are the selfish reasons that 1) comments tell me people are reading and how they feel about it, and 2) comments allow for a dialogue which makes the post more interesting.

So, here is a little tutorial on how to post a comment...

Step 1: Decide that you are so entertained by a post that you need to leave a comment.

Step 2: Click on the green link at the bottom of each post that tells you how many comments there are.  In the photo below that would be the link that says 0 comments.











Step 3: When you click on this link, it will open up a comment box for you to type in. Go ahead and type your comment.  There's no pressure to be witty.  I think only about 10 people read my blog so you won't embarrass yourself in front of a crowd or anything.
















Step 4: Now you have to select your profile.  Click on the down arrow to the right of the box under where you type your comment that reads "Select profile...."  You will see the options as they appear below.  If you don't know how to leave a comment than you should select "Anonymous" as your profile (don't forget to leave your name in the comment if you select anonymous as your profile... unless of course you want your comment to be anonymous).




















Step 5: Before your comment can be posted you will be asked to type in a random word that the computer will generate.  It's some sort of security precaution because you know, there are all those rogue blog commentators out there.



















Step 6: Click on "post comment" and sit back and let the magic happen.

Step 7: Congratulate yourself.  Pop the cork, uncap that bottle, smoke 'em if you got 'em... do whatever you do to let yourself know you succeeded.  Because you are a rock star.

Now, go ahead, try it out and leave me lots of invigorating comments.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I miss your step by step instructions. You should start a consulting business- I almost emailed you about an Excel issue last week but I forced myself to go through the help index and finally figured it out.

    Good tutorial- I may have to steal it. Not that I don't appreciate emails about something I've posted on my blog but I hate that the reader had to expend extra energy to send an email when leaving a comment is so much easier.

    ReplyDelete