Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Snippets

Between driving back and forth to New Jersey, Evan going to school, play dates, still trying to find places for everything I unpack, Chloe growing up, and time-outs (there are a lot of time-outs), I feel like I've been living my life in snippets so that is how I'll share what has happened recently.

Chloe can now kiss.  I don't mean she blows kisses, she actually kisses.  If you ask her for a kiss, she opens her mouth and leans right now.  She then usually follows up by clapping.  It's enough to make me give her anything she wants - thankfully she can't yet ask for anything.

Chloe also got a nasty diaper rash.  We went to the doctors.  Chloe had a blast crawling all over the office in her diaper:


Evan didn't have quite as much fun but he still hung in there:


We went back to New Jersey this past weekend since my niece was the lead in a musical (and she was fabulous).  While we were there Evan, Chloe, and I had a chance to catch up with old friends:


I finally got my hair cut.  And after living in many different places and trying out many different hair stylists, I can't tell you how awesome it is to be close enough to the hair dresser who did my hair for almost 20 years before I moved to Texas.  She is truly an artist:


As Chloe becomes her own person more and more Evan becomes a little more jealous and acts out... mostly by pushing his sister down.  He now puts himself in time out and runs there while laughing.  I used to say that when Chloe got big enough I would look the other way and let her get 2 hits in... we're now up to 3 hits.  I'm afraid the number will just increase.

Chloe is still not walking but keeps taking a step or two each day.  She is talking more than Evan did at this age.

Evan made a friend - a little boy who lives just down the street who will turn 3 in September.  He has a little sister who is 7 months old.  Evan is quite smitten with Xavier and asks to see him a couple times a week (we've had 2 play dates with him). 

No matter how organized I try to be I'm still always behind... and that seems to be as good as it gets.

1 comment:

  1. we are so excited to have Evan and Chloe on the block, welcome to the 'hood!

    ReplyDelete