Some of the Foods Chloe Eats:
Disclaimer - When Chloe first started solid food I was being all good about only giving her something new every 3 days... blah blah blah... and then I found out Evan was feeding her everything he ate so all bets were off. And I can't remember everything I feed her but if we eat it I try to give her some.
- Pork - and she loves pork (just like her momma)... she's had ham, Canadian bacon, pork chops and she loves it all
- Beef - another favorite... glad I'm instilling good and healthy eating habits :)
- Chicken - can take it or leave it
- Pears - LOVES
- Apples - can take them or leave them
- Cheddar cheese - yes, yes, yes
- Yogurt - any kind so far
- Smoothies (with almond milk, mixed berries or mango) - it's like cold soup for her
- Cheerios - so over these once real food was introduced
- Carrots - well cooked of course
- Meatballs - she is I-talian
- Scrambled eggs with cheese - depends on the day
- Steel Cut Oatmeal (with brown sugar, milk - often almond milk, and sometimes jelly) - could eat an adults portion in one sitting
- Graham Crackers
- Dried pineapple
- Potato Chips
- Andes mints
- Waves hello/goodbye
- Stands / cruises - has taken a few steps alone
- Holds a car to her ear like a telephone
- PLAYS with TOYS - this is in caps because Evan never played with toys and still doesn't - but little girl will spend 20 minutes just rolling a car back and forth
- Intelligible words she says: "night night", "uh-oh", "hi", "Chlo-Chlo"
- Feeds herself - with her fingers, no silverware as of yet
- Uses a sippy cup.... finally
- Blows kisses
- Pets cats
1. The Water Table - We bought a water table for our backyard. Mostly we bought it for Evan since he is obsessed with water and we figured this would give him something to play with in our backyard. Surprisingly, it's Chloe who spends the most time at it. The other day she stood around it for almost an hour - putting things in, taking them out. Meanwhile, Evan played with it, played on the deck, took everything apart on the table, poured the water out, etc. Chloe just played and played.
2. Evan - Chloe still loves her brother best of all. When he goes to school she doesn't know what to do with herself. When he is put in time out in his bedroom she crawls back to his door and they play underneath the door (completely defeating the purpose of time out of course). And of she wakes up from her afternoon nap first, she crawls back to his door, drops to her belly, and screams underneath his door until he wakes up. When he isn't around something is just missing for her.
3. Swings - you could probably push Chloe in a swing for at least an hour if not more. She just loves sitting in it, getting pushed, and watching all the children at the playground.
4. Crawling at the playground - Daddy has started this new thing where he puts Chloe on the play set at the playground. Chloe just takes off. She climbs up a ramp, up a flight of stairs (yes, all by herself), across a bridge (which I'm underneath taking the below picture) and then she and Daddy go down a slide together. If you put her back at the beginning she does the whole circuit again. She is just a maniac.
This is a video of her crawling across the bridge and then startling a little boy who probably isn't expecting an 11 month old to be crawling up so high:
5. Water Ice - no, Chloe hasn't embraced the goth sub-culture (yet at least) but she does have oddly blue lips. This is because after the park we sometimes walk over to an ice cream / water ice store where I get blue raspberry water ice and where Chloe starts to flail like a mad woman until you give her some. And this is how she looks afterwards.
I'm having some growing pains so there may be a few more posts about her "growing up" before I can let it go. I mean, it's so bad that I teared up the other day watching a commercial where a father is watching his little girl drive a car but his little girl is actually 16... clearly I still have some pregnancy hormones... right?