Sunday, May 1, 2011

Countdown (4 days to go)

This is what I'm most looking forward to:

(Evan - 3 weeks old)

Don't know what this is?  Then this sight must be as rare for you as it is for me.  This is a sleeping baby.  In fact, this is a human being who sleeps more than he is awake. 

At the moment here are the sleeping patterns of the people in my life:
  • Toddler - granted, he does sleep 12 hours straight at night but I find myself praying that he will sleep 1.5 hours for his nap.  This is a little man that will just run in circles if there is nothing entertaining him at the moment.
  • Husband - with work piling up and the imminent arrival of something that will take even more time away from an already stressful job, Brian has taken to sleeping less and less every night.  Last night he didn't make it to bed before 3:00 AM.
  • Me - well... I guess I nap a lot.  I can't really call random increments of 2 hours sleeping.  Last night I slept on and off until 2:30 AM and then fell back asleep for another on and off hour or two around 4:30 AM.
So, do you understand why a creature that sees sleep as an important and necessary part of life will be more than welcomed in to this household?  Even if she doesn't sleep through the night? Because really, at this point, what's the difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment