Wednesday, May 18, 2011

We're Still Here

Maybe not fully awake but we are still hanging around.  I just wanted to give you all an update of what has been happening in the Castrucci household.

We went back to the pediatrician this week and Chloe has gained back all of her birth weight.  This basically means my boobs have been pediatrically (so not a word) approved and she is eating like a maniac.  Continue breastfeeding on demand (which means mostly at night since she never seems very hungry during the day... lucky me).

So, besides feeding, and dirtying her diaper, what else has Miss Chloe Bear been doing:


Yup - sleeping.  Sadly, she has been sleeping more during the day than at night but we are slowly getting longer and longer waking periods. Although I would rather her waking periods were from 12p - 4p rather than 9p - 11p.  I know at some point in his life Evan had to be a sleeper as well but I must have blocked that out... in fact I think I blocked out the entire newborn period.  I'm not really a newborn person.

And I think Chloe has figured that out:


Here is my little innocent peanut giving me the finger.  Yes mom, this appears to be the mother's curse.  A little early in her development don't you think?

And what about my little man?  Besides the fact that I still spend way too many waking moments thinking I have completely made him believe that I no longer love him and that I've replaced him with something new (because you know, he is the only child in the history of the world who has had a sibling introduced into his life) he seems to be adjusting well.

Here he is "pushing" his sister in her swing (ignore the giant fat cat on the side table... the camera adds 10 pounds you know):


And here he is a few minutes later deciding that the pushing was boring:



My in-laws leave tomorrow and the nanny doesn't start until Monday so Brian and I have a few days to actually be a family of 4... and I'm not sure we are ready (which is just really pathetic since most people don't have the luxury of a nanny to ease the transition - I know... and I'm in awe of those people).  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment