Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Book Deal

No, I don't have a book deal and as far as I know there are no book deals forthcoming.  But, earlier today as I was trying to cook dinner with one baby crying and another running around the house destroying everything I thought about a book.  More specifically, I thought what would be the title of a book if I wrote it about my life... because, you know, no one has ever thought about writing a book about being a mom... especially not a funny book.

Anyway, these were the titles I came up with (feel free to add any other ideas in the comments):

  • I'm Going Crazy Over Here... No, Seriously
  • Want a Free Kid?
  • Dante Missed a Circle (sub-title: Clearly He Didn't Have Children)
  • I Have Kids Therefore I Drink
  • Sorry, I Can't Hear You Over The Screaming
  • I Would Never Have Time to Read This Book
  • This Is As Good As It Gets... Meh

But, I do have to say, now that everyone is in bed, and it's quiet, and I've had a few minutes to regroup, I do really love my children and I am really grateful to be able to be a stay-at-home mom (but none of this is funny which is why it would never make it in my fictitious book with its fictitious snarky title).

2 comments:

  1. My vote goes to "I Would Never Have Time to Read This Book." Pretty sure it would strike a chord with most moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley - and that one works whether they are driving me crazy or not... good call.

    ReplyDelete