Thursday, April 15, 2010

Q & A with Mr. Monkey Pants

I often get questions about Monkey directed to me... even though Monkey is usually sitting/rolling on the floor right there.  So I've decided to take the questions directly to the source and let Mr. Monkey Pants respond.

Q: Mr. Monkey Pants, how do you like living in Atlanta?
A: What's Atlanta? I like living with my Mommy and Daddy.  Mommy feeds me and Daddy throws me.  That's as good as it gets.

Q: Mr. Monkey Pants, how do you like playcare (where Monkey goes when Mommy goes to the gym)?
A: I love playcare.  There are some really nice big people there who give me a bottle whenever I want it.  There are also lots of little people there who I get to watch.  And, there are tons of toys.  Sometimes, when Mommy comes to get me, I secretly want her to leave me there longer.  I don't think she knows that though, cause I'm a good act-or.

Q: Mr. Monkey Pants, what is your favorite thing to do?
A:. Hmmm, this is hard because... I like it all.  I like to roll all over the floor.  I like to chew on things... anything.  I like my exersaucer and my bouncy.  I like books, my bath, my changing table... I mean, what is there not to like?

Q. Mr. Monkey Pants, done anything new lately?
A: Funny you should ask, as a matter of fact I have.  Yesterday, Mommy took me to Whole Foods (that definitely wasn't new) and instead of keeping me in my car seat she put me directly in the cart.

It was the coolest thing ever.  I could look at everyone, try and grab things off the shelf, swing my legs, and just be merry.  Mommy said something about this making her life easier too... but I think it's just all about me.

Look how cute I look in there. Man, I'm a handsome little boy.

Q: Mr. Monkey Pants, why do you so often check off milestones when your Maga is around (rolling over, sitting up unassisted, etc)?
A: 'Cause we have a deal.  I can't talk about the deal because it's private, but we got one... or maybe we have two or three - I can't remember.

Q: Mr. Monkey Pants, what is your favorite food?
A:  My favorite food is sweet potatoes, and carrots, and winter squash, and green beans and rice, and apples, and rice cereal, and peas.  I love them all.  Why do I have to pick one?  Why do big people want me to have favorites? 

Q: Mr. Monkey Pants, any final thoughts?
A: A few.  I love being outside, it's super pretty.  I love being inside so I can roll on the ground.  I don't like to sleep that much because there is a lot to do but when I do sleep, I'm gonna go deep.  I like to throw things, bang things, and eat things.  I don't understand why big people make life so complicated.  Also, I would appreciate it if big people would stop kissing me all the time.  I mean, I'm a grown ass baby and don't need all that newborn stuff.  Yup, that's it.

1 comment:

  1. This was GREAT! Think we need to hear more from Mr. Monkey-Pants, after all, he's the expert here!!
    Love,
    Maga

    ReplyDelete