Monday, July 5, 2010

Who Let The Dogs Out? Who? Who? Who?

Yes, yes.. I did just use that as my blog title.  And you are quite welcome if that song is now stuck in your head for the rest of your day (and for those of you who don't know this song... that is a travesty... Google it now and thank me later).

Anywho - let's not ignore the elephant in the room.  I didn't blog on Friday.  You know, I have a move, 4 cats, a very active baby, and we had to go to Ikea and run about 10,000 other errands on Friday - so it didn't happen.  It's not you... it's me.

But there was at least one exciting thing that happened while I was away.  Let's see if you can guess what it is?  Take a look:


Can you guess?  Can you?  Come on, you know you can do it...

And the answer is: The corral is gone (also known as Monkey's gated and baby safe play area). 

Here is what happened.  For the last two weeks I've had a very cranky baby on my hands.  Brian and I assumed it was due to his teeth coming in (one more on bottom for total of 3 and the two big ones in the middle on top peeking through).  But then this past Thursday Brian mentioned that maybe it was the gate.  So, since we are leaving soon anyway (for the new apartment) we decided to take down the gate.  The only gate left is protecting the stairs from Monkey (I mean that... the boy bangs them something fierce).

And now, I have the happiest little baby back.

So, what does Monkey do with his newfound freedom?


 He has made friends with the vacuum.  He LOVES it.  He used to not like the noise, but now, whenever I use it, he follows me around.  And when I'm not using it, he lovingly caresses it (or smacks it as hard as he can... remember, Monkey Love hurts).

He also cruises on anything he can get his hands on.  This ottoman used to be the favorite spot of sleeping cats.  But... ummm... once they saw how far his reach is they quickly found new spots.

One of his favorite places is our front door.  This is the only spot in the entire shoebox where he can see outside.  In this photo he is showing off his "bang the shade on the glass door as hard as possible" technique.  Mommy raised the shade.

And this is his "neighborhood watch" pose.  He is like that old lady who peeks through his curtains - although he isn't peeking, he is full on ogling.  I wonder what people think when they see him.  This morning a woman brought her bear, I mean giant dog, up our front porch for him to meet Evan through the glass (I kid you not, and I was trying to hide because I hadn't showered yet and was wearing Brian's t-shirt for sleeping which makes me look like I'm 400 lbs).

And then he gave me this face:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And I surrendered to his cuteness.

No comments:

Post a Comment