Thursday, December 15, 2011

Last Day of Fall Semester

So, hey... it's been a while... yeah... about two weeks.  And I made all those comments about how I was going to make 4 Thanksgiving posts and I'm sure I got your hopes up.  Well... sorry.  It didn't happen and I can't lie, it isn't going to happen.  And I have 20 excuses I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm not even going to share them.  Nope, let's just move forward... together... and forget about all of the broken promises and broken hearts. 'Kay?

And let's move on to the fact that today was Evan's last day of school before his winter break.  I cannot believe he has already gone through one semester of school.  I cannot believe I refer to it as a "semester."  But mostly I cannot believe that for the next 2 weeks I'm supposed to entertain him all the time... like 5 days a week... all by myself.  Well, not all by myself, I set up some play dates and thankfully grandparents are coming to visit so I guess it won't be all bad. 

The up-side of this being the last day of school was the concert... yes, my little man gave a concert.  Well, not just him, all the kids got together to sing for the parents the Spanish songs they've learned in since September.  Brian couldn't be there (his annual December conference) so I taped pretty much the entire event.  I tried to keep the videos on the shorter side but that didn't always happen so some of pretty long. 

I do have to warn you that there are some things you need to know about my son before you watch the videos... he isn't exactly a follower.  And by that I mean he doesn't really listen well all the time so he tends to do his own thing.  Also, he is the youngest in the class and also the smallest.  Therefore his hat doesn't really fit so he gets a little distracted.  And, he is just too darn cute.

I mean, look at this:


So here he is in all his glory:






(This one is 3 minutes)



Chloe also liked watching all of the little people. I think she also enjoyed giving me a massive cramp in my arm as I had to hold her for the 15 minutes.  She is dead weight people.  Cute... but dead weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment