Thursday, December 22, 2011

Evan's Music Obsession

I don't know if I've ever shared with you the fact that my son is obsessed with music... I mean obsessed.  Everything becomes a "la-la" (which could mean music or a musical instrument).  I asked my parents to buy him the band in a box from Melissa & Doug for his birthday and he plays with it at least 3 times a day if not more.  He even lets Chloe play with the maracas.

Another way that we foster his obsession with music is that we attend a weekly class from The Music Class (if you have one in your area go... go now).  They give you a CD of the songs used in class and because Evan is obsessed (I'm not sure I've used that word enough for you to fully understand how he feels about music) we play the CD most nights before bed.

When he was younger and we played the CD he would just make up a dance or smile.  Now, he dances the way it was done in music class (mostly, he still has his own style) and he even sings.  So, I thought I'd share with you some highlights from last night (I don't have the links so if you are reading this in your email you will probably need to get over the blog to actually see the videos):




(Why yes, this is Evan's room and that is an alarm clock on the floor... what, your child doesn't steal Daddy's alarm clock to play with it?  And yes, Evan does control his own CD player.  I've told you often, I'm only here to change his diaper.)

1 comment:

  1. How cute that he steals Brian's alarm clock. Kids do the weirdest things, huh? Love his little dance moves! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete