Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend 2012

Man - we were busy this weekend.  Back and forth to NJ for my Dad's 70th birthday party (yikes - I hope he wasn't trying to keep age a secret), parade in Rockville which makes Haddonfield's parades look like they were put on by an elementary school (at least the parades of my youth - I have no idea what today's parades look like), I went to the grocery store, then the pool, then dinner, then I went to Target and finally passed out around 10p (and the children passed out until 7:30 this morning).

And the best part of the entire weekend?  The video I'm about to show you...

I went to Target after dinner with Evan for 2 reasons: 1) a trip to the pool showed we were seriously lacking in pool toys, and 2) he was exhausted but it was too early for bed so this was his distraction.  He was very good at Target and helped me find all the thing on my list.  One of the things was a water gun that "everyone" at the pool had so Evan had to have it too.  Well, the gun was difficult to find and as we were looking for it, Evan says (in his best Jersey accent):


Oh yes, Ladies and Gentleman, he said it.  And then, because I'm mother of the year, I had him say it 2 more times so I could videotape it and share it with all of you.  You're welcome... I'm glad my parenting could bring a smile to your face.

I hope you had as much fun as we did.  Now in to survival mode until Evan's "camp" starts next week... it's only 4 days... I can do this... and we have the pool so all should survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment