Thursday, August 9, 2012

This Week

Summary of my week:
  • Weekend started by finding water in our kitchen that due to the broken kitchen tiles in our rental leaked through down to a wet spot on the ceiling in the playroom.  Thankfully since this is a rental we don't have to do too much but let people in.  Sadly because this is a rental any repairs are someone else's decision and someone else's time frame.
  • Evan got a cold which means at night he coughs a lot and sleeps very little.  This means that Brian and I also sleep very little... as in not at all Sunday night.
  • Evan's cold also means that he gets diarrhea (stick with me here).  So the other day, as he was standing on my highly textured rug, when he said "Mommy, I'm leaking," I knew it wasn't good.  Turns out he WAS leaking... poop all over my rug. 
  • Evan's cold also means that he swallows a lot of mucus (because he is CLEARLY allergic to blow his nose... at least he must be or I don't understand why he runs screaming when he sees a tissue) and then he spits up a lot of mucus... again on my rug.
  • In the meantime, while I was cooking dinner one night Chloe burned me.  I know this sounds like some bad Lifetime movie, but I'm not claiming parent abuse.  Here is what happened.  I had reached into my stove to stir the butternut squash and to make sure that Miss Nosey Rosy didn't stick hand in the oven I cocked my butt (hey, it covers a lot of area) to hide access.  What I didn't realize is that Chloe might see the oven door as the dishwasher door... that is, one you slam shut... which she did... on my arm.  It's a rather large burn.
  • Then, the next day, while I was changing Chloe (oh, and she is CLEARLY allergic to getting her diaper changed since she becomes an acrobat on the changing table) she pinched and twisted the burn.  I swear I almost threw her off the changing table due to the haze of pain... but I didn't, and she is fine.  And a few days later I'm now fine too.
  • I woke up one morning to a cat puking all over our bedspread.
  • Chloe has decided she only eats processed food or food with bananas and/or peanut butter.  This week her meals have consisted of homemade muffins, store bought chicken nuggets, baked bananas, peanut butter crackers, and random snacks of mostly goldfish.  If you give her anything else she puts it in her mouth, chews it just enough to make it gross, then spits it out.  I spent a lot of time this week cleaning up the floor around her high chair.
  • I sliced open my hand on a box I was taking out to the trash.  Did you know you could get a "box" cut... seriously meaner than a paper cut.
  • Chloe has decided that this week she is going to stage non-violent protests of her current bed time... every night.  She sits in her crib for at least 30 minutes and lets us know exactly how she feels about the 7:00 pm curfew.
  • I  just (about 10 minutes ago) put ketchup in front of a 15-month old and walked away.  And she is wearing a new shirt... and pants she has never worn before.
I'm mom-burnt-out.  Thankfully my friend is getting married so I'm off to VT this weekend... without kids... without a husband (who, by the way, has been trying to be supportive but since I'm burnt out the only support could be doing my job and that ain't happening so he sadly gets the brunt of my annoyance sometimes so while he doesn't want 2 kids alone for the weekend he is willing to pay that price for me to come back better... any amount of better)... and to a spa.  Yes, I said spa.  I'm already packing and I don't leave until tomorrow. 

Of course I'm also waiting for the appliance repair guys to come to see if the leak is from our ice machine in the freezer.  They're coming between 1:00 - 4:00pm.  Oddly enough the exact same time frame my children nap.  Sigh...

Thank God this is NOT as good as it gets.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing...it made my week seem like a cakewalk!! The joys of motherhood....enjoy your time away. We all need that once in awhile. (Well, actually, quite often, but it only happens once in awhile!) And I can give you hope on the 'mom with older kids front', it does get a little easier as they learn to be more independent. But then you'll miss your 'babies'. We just can't win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew - because some days the only thing that keeps me going is that it gets better so thanks for verifying!

      Delete