Wednesday, November 17, 2010

15-month Peds Visit

We went to the pediatrician today (yippee).  I sometimes wonder about the intelligence of pediatricians.  Because I don't understand placing an almost-15-month old in an itty bitty room and then make them wait for 50 minutes.  I understand the doctor is busy and that other parents have questions and that children get sick and need emergency appointments... but then let me go back out into the big waiting room where there are more toys, a TV, and the outside world to entertain Monkey.  When I asked the nurse why they don't do this (because you see I'm called into the room on time for the nurse to weigh and measure monkey... then the doctor comes 50 minutes later) she said that would mean parents would need to re-dress their child and that would be inconvenient. Oh yeah, I get it.  That would be WAY more inconvenient that trying to convince Evan that the one book in the entire room is exciting over and over again.

Anyway, I have some shocking news to report.  I am the mother of a blondish, blue-eyed, tall and lean toddler.  I know your shock... but I swear I've checked with Brian on numerous occasions and he says that Monkey was never out of his sight from birth.  I mean, let's do a quick comparison:


You know what I'm saying? 

Anyway, here are his stats:

Weight: 21.8 lbs (38%) - I attribute this to the fact that even though he eats everything, he never stops moving... I mean never.

Height: 30.5 in (67%) - getting closer to me every day

Head: 19.2 in (99%) - yup, still huge, but I just don't see it


He also got a Hep B shot, Polio shot, and a flu shot.  He was such a trooper.  He cried after the stick but quickly got over it.  His legs must be sore though because when he touches them he winces.  My brave little, tall, blonde, blue-eyed, lean man.

No comments:

Post a Comment