Thursday, December 17, 2009

Saying Thanks

As I was putting monkey to bed, I was overcome with how lucky I am to have him in my life.



And, I realized I don't know if I ever thanked those that made this journey possible:


Thank you to Brian for being willing to go on this wild ride of conception and parenthood with me.


Thank you to my amazing OB, Dr. Sebestyen, who calmly walked us through this process, always had another solution, and identified my thyroid issue. And for being the first person to welcome my son in to the world.


Thank you to Dr. Casaubon (fabulous endocrinologist) for monitoring my thyroid levels with vigilance and always sticking around to answer any questions.


Thank you to Metformin for helping me to ovulate, to synthroid for making up where my thyroid left off, my progesterone suppositories for supplementing my natural progesterone, and for the pain killers that made the incision pain free. I've made peace with my medications.


Thank you to family and friends who listened to me and put up with my silences or moods when I wasn't ready to talk.


And thank you to God (I would hear it from my mom if I forget this one) for putting all these people and things in my life to make this happen.


It was definitely all worth it.


Enough mush... time for something humorous tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment